- Jon Paul Morosi of the Detroit Free Press wonders if Edgar Renteria has played his last game as a Tiger. He notes the possibility of buying Renteria out for $3MM and inking him to a cheaper one-year deal.
- Ken Rosenthal’s awards picks.
- MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan asks five questions the Rangers will tackle this winter. Also, take a look at our offseason outlook.
- ESPN’s Buster Olney points to the Yankees’ poor drafting as the main factor in their decline.
- Craig Brown of Royals Authority doesn’t see a fit with Jeff Francoeur.
- The Fielding Bible’s plus/minus system rates Royals shortstop Mike Aviles fifth among shortstops with 16 more plays made than average.
- Pedro Martinez reflects on his time with the Mets. For $53MM the Mets received 486.6 innings of 3.88 ERA ball, almost half of those innings coming in the first year.