On this date 36 years ago, Yankee teammates Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich made it known that they had traded their families. Seriously. Their entire families including wives, kids and dogs. Kekick and his new "wife" broke up shortly thereafter while Peterson and his new wife may still be together and may have four kids of their own. You can’t make it up. In more recent relationship news, the Dodgers finally signed Manny Ramirez. Let’s take a look at what is being written about Manny and the Dodgers in the Blogosphere…
- The Biz of Baseball takes a look at the Manny deal and the negotiations that led up to it and can describe the entire process with one word: Lunacy.
- Feeling Dodger Blue says the Manny signing takes the Dodgers from an average offense to one of the best offenses in the NL.
- Josh Q. Public says Manny is worth every penny no matter how he left Boston.
- The Ghost of Moonlight Graham offers their feelings on the Manny signing from their perspective as a Red Sox fan.
- Mets Geek says the Manny signing was a sad day for many Mets fans, while the rest can finally get on with their lives.
- Jorge Says No! examines why Manny is the most polarizing presence in baseball right now.
- The Sons of Steve Garvey predict that with the opt-out clause, Dodgers fans will be angry again before the year is done.
On a quick side note…It has been a little while since I have updated my blogroll. While I do receive numerous suggestions from bloggers each week, I would love to hear from you guys. So let’s have it in the comments: Which blogs do you prefer for your favorite team?