More links for Monday…
- Chad Finn of the Boston Globe lists a number of players for the Red Sox to consider and asks fans which one would be best for the team. Victor Martinez and Adrian Gonzalez, neither one of whom is currently available, were the most popular choices.
- Don McKee of the Philadelphia Inquirer says Jake Peavy would be perfect for the Phils.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports says Grady Sizemore's injury makes the Indians more likely to sell players like Carl Pavano and Mark DeRosa.
- Joe Torre isn't sure whether he'll manage after next year according to this AP story found on ESPN.com.
- Steve Rosenbloom of the Chicago Tribune writes that Jim Hendry and the Cubs "picked the wrong guy" when they signed Milton Bradley instead of Bobby Abreu or Adam Dunn last winter.
- Steve Melewski of MASN.com looks back at August 15th, 2007, the night the Orioles signed Matt Wieters. We could have a similar night in a couple months when Scott Boras, who represents Wieters, will negotiate with the Nats over Stephen Strasburg.