7:12pm: George A. King III reports that the Yankees have informed Pedro that they will pass on signing him.
6:17pm: Jon Heyman tweets that the Rangers Brewers and Cardinals also watched Pedro work out today. He also mentions that the Cubs' uncertain ownership situation hurts their chances to sign the veteran righthander.
8:42am: Pedro Martinez says he's in great shape, but the Yankees are only interested in signing him to a minor league deal. Here are some specifics on today's Pedro rumors:
- Pedro told Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald that his arm feels good enough to "throw and throw and throw and throw," he just needs to polish his breaking pitches.
- Pedro said he's in "tippy-top shape," and joked about starting another career soon: "I'm thinking of becoming a swimsuit model," he said.
- Pedro will play winter ball in hopes of playing in 2010 if he doesn't sign this year.
- He said money doesn't motivate him.
- Ken Davidoff and Steve Zipay of Newsday report that the Yankees are only interested in signing Pedro to a minor league deal.
- The Yankees will watch him pitch today, along with the Cubs, Rays and Angels.
- Jon Heyman of SI.com presents a revised list of Pedro's suitors. In order: the Cubs, Angels, Dodgers, Rays and the two New York teams.