Another hearty batch of links…
- The Astros have not contacted Red Sox first base coach Tim Bogar about their vacant managerial position, according to the Boston Globe's Adam Kilgore. He's interested, but too focused on the 2009 season to consider such a major change at this time.
- MLB.com's Alyson Footer says Bogar is "at the top of everyone's speculation list," for the gig, but the "club isn't tipping [its] hand on anything."
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times thinks the Indians' managerial post, assuming Eric Wedge is let go after this season, might fall to former Mariners skipper Mike Hargrove. Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell is also being mentioned for the job.
- According to Bruce Pascoe of the Arizona Daily Star, the Diamondbacks aren't likely to pick up Chad Tracy's $7MM option for 2010. He's played in just 91 games this season and Brandon Allen has already arrived in the major leagues.
- Bruce Arthur of the National Post believes the Blue Jays have no choice but to fire GM J.P. Ricciardi this winter. "If Ricciardi's time is not over," Arthur writes, "then it will be nothing short of a betrayal."