The latest from Joel Sherman of the New York Post:
- Executives from other teams had no idea the Astros were willing to take on $11MM of Roy Oswalt's remaining $23.5MM.
- The Mets have discussed Rich Harden internally. He's a potential August trade candidate.
- The Yankees have talked to the Rockies in search of a complementary bat, but discussions didn't go anywhere.
- Officials from multiple teams are upset that the Rangers continue adding salary.
- The Padres remain in pursuit of a lefty-hitting outfielder. Sherman wonders if Kosuke Fukudome or Rick Ankiel could be fits.