With the start of the playoffs just weeks away, let's take a break in the action to catch up on the week that was here at MLBTR…
- The Dodgers and GM Ned Colletti agreed to a contract extension. The team has gone 586-530 under his watch, thrice winning the NL West and never winning fewer than 80 games in a season.
- The Orioles released right-handed reliever Kevin Gregg. They had designated Gregg and Ryan Adams for assignment earlier in the week to create space on the 40-man roster.
- Right-hander Francisco Cordero finds himself in search of a new home after being released by the Astros. Houston acquired Cordero as part of a 10-player trade with the Blue Jays that also netted them Ben Francisco and five minor leaguers.
- The Pirates designated right-hander Evan Meek for assignment. Meek, a 2010 All-Star, has been in the Pittsburgh organization since the Pirates selected him in the 2007 Rule 5 draft.
- The Brewers claimed left-hander Miguel De Los Santos off waivers from the Rangers. The 24-year-old posted a 5.22 ERA with 10.7 K/9 and 5.2 BB/9 in 58 2/3 innings at Double-A Frisco this year covering 22 relief appearances and four starts.