On this date in 2008, the Pirates released Matt Morris, a move which cost the team more than $11MM. The pitcher lasted only 1 2/3 innings against the Phillies in his previous start and compiled an 0-4 record with a 9.67 ERA in his five April outings for the Bucs. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Wahoo's On First spoke with former pitcher Paul Byrd.
- The Daily Statesman sat down with Matt Carpenter of the Cardinals.
- Blue Jays Way tries to diagnose the problem in Toronto.
- Amazin Avenue asks if an extension would make sense for Dillon Gee.
- Pinstripe Pundits looks at Brett Gardner's new approach at the plate.
- On The Way Home asks if Bryce Harper is turning into the next Chipper Jones.
- World Series Dreaming explores the idea of abandoning the draft.
- Marlin Maniac held a roundtable on Giancarlo Stanton and more.
- Baseball Hot Corner has some trade proposals involving Stanton.
- Sodo Mojo is frustrated with the Mariners.
- Prospect Insider discussed the future of Franklin Gutierrez and the Mariners.
- Federal Baseball profiled Shelby Miller in advance of his showdown vs. the Nats.
- Lasorda's Lair says the Dodgers' biggest problem is baserunning.
- Grading On The Curve is concerned about Jacob Turner.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.