MLBTR is increasing efforts to enforce our commenting policy. The goal is to raise the level of discourse in the comments, part of which involves eliminating inappropriate language and insults.
Comments of this nature are not allowed:
- Attacks or insults towards other commenters, the post author, journalists, teams, players, or agents.
- Inappropriate language, including swearing and related censor bypass attempts, lewdness, insults, and crude terms for body parts, bodily functions, and physical acts. Overall, we don’t want any language that a parent would not want their kid to see.
- Juvenile comments or extensive use of text message-type spelling
- Writing comments in all or mostly caps
- Spam-type links or self-promotion. Please submit to our weekly Baseball Blogs Weigh In feature if you have a website or blog. Currently, permissible links in the comments are limited to MLB.com, Cot’s Baseball Contracts, FanGraphs, Baseball-Reference, Baseball Prospectus, Baseball America, and MLB Trade Rumors. Comments linking to other sites will be deleted.
- Comments about how you're sick of this topic or it's not newsworthy
- No inappropriate avatars or images are allowed
- Please limit comments to approximately 200 words
- Anything else we deem bad for business may be removed.
- Corrections for errors made in our posts are welcome and appreciated; please be cordial in doing so.
If you see comments that violate our policy, please flag them and/or contact us. Bans may be handed out liberally by our moderators, without second chances or warnings. Remaining civil is not that difficult, though, and most commenters have no problems doing so as well as helping rein each other in. We at MLBTR are grateful for long-time commenters and readers, though this policy applies equally regardless of tenure. This policy is always available at the bottom of the site, and will be re-posted monthly.