On this date in 2008, Barry Bonds was honored by the Giants as part of their 50th anniversary celebration commemorating the club's move to San Francisco. The slugger, who isn't terribly beloved in some circles, got a raucous ovation from the crowd. One has to imagine that Alex Rodriguez is hoping for a similar reception tonight when he returns to Yankee Stadium. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Pinstripe Pundits looks at how A-Rod's possible suspension affects the Bombers' budget.
- Halos Daily reflects on the Scott Kazmir trade that sent Sean Rodriguez, Matthew Sweeney and Alex Torres to the Rays.
- Kings Of Kauffman says the Royals better hold on to Ervin Santana.
- A's Farm turns in their midseason report card.
- Inside The Zona asks if Jason Kubel should be moved.
- I R Fast slows it down for a change.
- MLB Reports wants to see some changes happen for the 2016 CBA.
- Seattle Clubhouse introduces us to the new Danny Farquhar.
- Rising Apple discusses the rise of strikeouts and the sharp decline in walks.
- Rays Colored Glasses looks at Chris Archer's Rookie of the Year case.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].