A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Tim Dierkes updated MLBTR’s 2015 Free Agent Power Rankings and Max Scherzer has retaken the top spot with Jon Lester moving up to second and Hanley Ramirez, last month’s top ranked free agent, falling to third. Also, two players have cracked the top ten for the first time: Yasmani Tomas and Melky Cabrera.
- Tim was the first to report teams with the ten worst records will have their first round draft choice protected, even if compensation picks are slotted within the first ten selections.
- MLBTR completed its look at the 2014 trade market with Steve Adams’ review of rotation reinforcements and Jeff Todd’s break down of bullpen buys (right-handed, left-handed).
- Tigers President/CEO/General Manager Dave Dombrowski told Zach Links he is still working all trade possibilities after acquiring Joakim Soria from the Rangers, even a left-handed reliever. “Our bullpen has struggled at times and we want to have people that put up zeroes out there. We’ve tried a lot of guys at that and we remain open-minded if something makes sense to make us better before the trade deadline.“
- Steve hosted this week’s chat.
- Zach compiled the latest edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.