Orioles Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations Dan Duquette addressed the media this afternoon. Here are the highlights..
- Duquette says the Orioles have not talked to the Braves about Justin Upton, as Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com tweets. A report earlier today indicated that Atlanta is fielding interest from the O’s as well as the Rangers and Padres.
- Duquette expects to meet with Delmon Young’s agent in the next few days, tweets Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. The Orioles are reportedly trying to bring back Young on a one-year deal, but they may be open to including an option.
- For what it’s worth, Duquette grinned when asked about his potential interest in left-hander Craig Breslow, according to Kubatko (via Twitter).
- Even though there has been plenty of interest, Duquette says he would be reluctant to trade a starter, Ghiroli tweets.
- Duquette indicated that he’s looking for a right-handed bat and a left-handed outfielder/DH, according to Kubatko (on Twitter).
- When asked if the rumors of the Blue Jays’ interest in him would hinder the O’s efforts this week and throughout the offseason, Duquette responded “I would hope not,” according to Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter).
- Duquette says there’s a better chance right now that the O’s will sign a free agent than make a trade, Kubatko tweets.