Here’s a look back at this week at MLBTR.
Signed / Agreed To Terms
- Players who avoided arbitration include the Mets’ Lucas Duda (link); the Giants’ Brandon Belt (link); the Angels’ Garrett Richards (link); the Orioles’ Zach Britton (link) and Miguel Gonzalez (link); the Royals’ Danny Duffy (link), Lorenzo Cain and Mike Moustakas (link); and the Cubs’ Pedro Strop (link).
- The Marlins won their arbitration hearing against P Mat Latos (link).
- IF Danny Valencia won his arbitration hearing against the Blue Jays (link).
- Pirates – acquired IF Edward Salcedo from Braves for P Bryton Trepagnier
- Pirates – acquired P Arquimedes Caminero from Marlins for cash
- Pirates – acquired UT Steve Lombardozzi from Orioles for cash
- Blue Jays – acquired P Jayson Aquino from Rockies for P Tyler Ibarra
- White Sox – acquired P Yency Almonte from Angels to complete the Gordon Beckham trade
- Cardinals – acquired C Michael Ohlman from Orioles for cash
Designated For Assignment
- Blue Jays – IF/OF Chris Colabello (link)
- Cubs – P Gonzalez Germen (link)
- Rockies – P Yohan Flande (link)
- Nationals – P Eric Fornataro (link)
- Braves – OF Jose Constanza (link)
- Brewers – UT Elian Herrera (link)
- Pirates – IF Jake Elmore (elected free agency)
Released / Requested Release Waivers
Key Minor League Signings
- Brewers – RP Chris Perez (link)
- Rangers – OF Nate Schierholtz (link), OF Ryan Ludwick (link)
- Cubs – IF Jonathan Herrera (link)
- Cardinals – P Carlos Villanueva (link)
- Padres – C Wil Nieves (link)
- Rockies – P John Axford (link)
- Diamondbacks – C Gerald Laird (link)
- Rays – P Ronald Belisario (link)