In 2006, a Canadian team made up mostly of minor leaguers shocked the baseball world by beating Team USA in the first round of the World Baseball Classic, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Center fielder Adam Stern hit an inside-the-park homer to help the Canadians post their biggest victory in its national history of baseball. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot says Chris Davis should bunt more to beat the shift.
- Inside The ’Zona likes Chase Anderson’s decision to throw more sinkers.
- Reviewing The Brew spoke with Milwaukee prospect Kodi Medeiros.
- The Point Of Pittsburgh talked about Andrew McCutchen and his contract.
- Bronx Baseball Daily looks for the next Dellin Betances and Shane Greene.
- MLB Reports isn’t high on the Padres.
- RSN Stats knows the importance of the hot start.
- Baseball Essential ran down the lesser-known family ties in MLB.
- Sultans Of Swing is high on the Reds in 2015.
- World Series Dreaming says Jorge Soler isn’t the only one bulking up.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports talked about what could have been for the Mariners.
- Yankees Unscripted asks whether Adam Warren will stick in the Yankees’ rotation.
- Rumbunter ID’d the best pitches of each Pirates starter.
- Heat Waved previewed the AL Central.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.