On this date in 2001, Randy Johnson set a major league record for strikeouts by a reliever, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. The “Big Unit” completed a suspended game with the Padres and led the Diamondbacks to a 3-0 victory as he struck out 16 batters. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Section 215 looked at how the pitching market is affecting Cole Hamels’ value.
- Reviewing The Brew says the Brewers are ready to move on from Jean Segura.
- The Point Of Pittsburgh says the Bucs’ farm system woes may affect them in trades.
- Rays Colored Glasses talked Trea Turner, Joe Ross, and the Rays.
- Camden Depot says the Orioles made the right move with Nick Markakis.
- BASTA gave some props to Josh Osich.
- Astros County evaluated Houston at the All-Star break.
- Baseball Essential says the Red Sox should not trade for Hamels.
- Monkey With A Halo says the Angels should stay pat.
- The First Out At Third predicted who stays and who goes in Milwaukee.
- A’s Farm spoke with A’s special assistant Grady Fuson about the team’s top prospects.
- Blue Jays Plus looked at some interesting aces heading into the deadline.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if Sonny Gray is a possibility for the Red Sox.
- Offspeed Podcast spoke with former big leaguer John Baker.
- Sodo Mojo handed out report cards for the Mariners.
- Grading On The Curve looked at five prospects who should be in the majors.
- Fantasy Pros looked at the rookies through the first half of the year.
- Know Hitter says the Tigers should target Tyler Clippard and Scott Kazmir.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected]