A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On this week’s edition of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, Jeff Todd spoke with Jon Heyman of CBS Sports to discuss the market for key teams and players as the trade deadline approaches. The two spoke about what could be in store for several teams, including the Brewers, Padres, Twins, Rangers, and Rockies. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account: @MLBTradeRumors. Click here to give us a follow! For details, you can read all about it here.
- Many teams are in need of catching reinforcements and Steve Adams ran down the clubs that could be in a market for a backstop. Despite his down year offensively, Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy headlines the list of potentially available catchers thanks in large part to his track record and team-friendly contract.
- Late last week, Jeff looked at the market for first basemen in July. If there is a premium, controllable option to be made available, it could be Carlos Santana of the Indians, Jeff writes. Santana is under team control through 2017with a meager $6MM salary this year, a $8.25MM hit in 2016, and a $12MM option ($1.2MM buyout) for the final season of his deal. That makes him appealing but it also gives Cleveland little impetus to move him absent a big-time offer.
- If you missed out on Steve’s weekly chat, check out the transcript here.