MLBTR’s sister site Hoops Rumors is looking to add part-time contributors to its writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 NBA teams, with no discernible bias. We want you to be as comfortable writing about Fred VanVleet and Nicolas Brussino as you would be writing about LeBron James and Kevin Durant.
- Knowledge of the NBA salary cap, the collective bargaining agreement, and transaction-related concepts.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics, and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is preferred.
- Attention to detail — absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow Hoops Rumors’ style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
- Availability. You must have strong weeknight and weekend availability, along with the ability to work at least one or two regular shifts per week.
- Flexibility. You must be available to work on short notice.
If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 22 (4:00pm central time) and take a couple paragraphs to explain why you qualify and stand out. Many will likely apply, so unfortunately we cannot respond to every applicant.