This week in baseball blogs….
- PhilliesNation is concerned Philly won’t be able to reel in Manny Machado in free agency if he ends up with the Yankees or Dodgers at this year’s trade deadline.
- Camden Depot considers the idea of the Orioles keeping Machado through the season and letting him walk as a free agent.
- Fansided lists three potential outcomes for the O’s in the Machado sweepstakes.
- 216Stitches opines that the soon-to-be Machado-less Orioles are in for a long rebuild.
- Know Hitter proposes trades involving Machado and others.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) expects the Yankees to acquire Zach Britton, not Machado, from Baltimore; asks what the Twins should do with Brian Dozier; and shares an interesting piece on Ken Giles.
- The Pinch Runner looks into Nicholas Castellanos’ trade candidacy.
- The Point of Pittsburgh makes a case for the Pirates to trade Felipe Vazquez.
- Always The Jake runs down potential bullpen trade targets for the Indians.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed names 10 players who should but probably won’t be traded.
- theScore discusses mound-visit limits with a handful of major league catchers.
- Fish Stripes analyzes Marlins lefty Adam Conley’s transition from struggling starter to impact reliever and why contending teams are interested in acquiring him.
- Rockies Redux argues that the Rox should mimic the 2015 Royals’ deadline strategy.
- That Ball’s Outta Here and Kings of Kauffman propose a Phillies-Royals trade with Maikel Franco and Mike Moustakas as the headliners.
- Redleg Nation examines which Reds have the nastiest pitches.
- Both Good Fundies and Mets Daddy are frustrated with the Mets, while Rising Apple believes the club could contend in 2019.
- The Sports Tank wonders if the dominant Red Sox will even win a playoff round this year.
- District On Deck takes a look at some of the prospects the Nationals may use to acquire help at the deadline, and why they might appeal to teams.
- Friars On Base doesn’t expect the Red Sox to pry Brad Hand from the Padres.
- Foul Territory doesn’t regard Blake Snell as an All-Star snub.
- Stats Swipe delves into Rangers reliever Jose Leclerc’s quietly excellent season.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) goes through five trade deadline scenarios for the Yankees and breaks down what lies ahead for Phillies general manager Matt Klentak over the next couple weeks.
- Both Jays From the Couch and Blue Jays From Away check in on Toronto’s offseason additions.
- A’s Farm talks to Athletics special assistant Grady Fuson about some of the team’s top prospects.
- NatsGM has an in-depth scouting report on Nationals infield prospect Luis Garcia.
- Notes from the Sally scouts Cardinals third base prospect Nolan Gorman.
- Infield Chatter sees Braves outfield prospect Drew Waters as a potential star in the making.
- FSH Baseball is bullish on Marlins righty Jose Urena.
- Elite Sports NY focuses on the Mets’ home run problems.
- Rox Pile previews the Rockies’ second-half rotation.
- Everything Bluebirds applauds the Blue Jays for their handling of Joe Biagini.
- Sox on 35th looks back at Disco Demolition Night.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
so how does a blog get on here? there’s some pretty poor quality ones listed in occasion
I hope the one that argues Trout, Harper, Kershaw, and Arenado should be traded is really satire
Trout will have to be traded at some point, Harper should be traded now. Kershaw obviously not because the Dodgers will need him for the stretch run and playoffs. Arenado has an extra year of control and I can see the Rockies making another run at a Wild Card spot in 2019 if a few things break the right way so maybe not right now but next year if they aren’t contending absolutely.
That Fansided post re: Moustakas is beyond silly. Moustakas for Franco, Kilome, and a PTBNL?
Moustakas doesn’t offer a significant edge of any kind over Franco (106 vs. 103 wRC+), only a moderate upgrade defensively.
There’s little to no incentive for the Phillies to make such a move.
I think Franco for moose straight up is the best KC could hope for. And I think they’re only getting that if Moose heats up real fast.
O’s rebuild could take 6-7 years or it could be Sooner. It all depends. If there’s drafts where guys like Strasburg and Harper are available it could be on the short side. I’m sure the team will be atrocious for the next 3 years. No doubt about that. Which isn’t all that bad as long as we hit on our draft picks.
What makes you think they will start hitting on draft picks if their development continues to be deplorable? How Machado survived BAL is more mind-boggling.
There’s some guys who you can’t possibly mess up. They really need to hope they can get those guys
The core of our success from 2012-2016 was homegrown. Tillman, Jones, Britton, Machado, Schoop. And players we bought low on. Davis, O’day, Brach, Cruz and Trumbo for a season. Chen was a key contributor. That’ll have to be the formula again, hopefully with some more international signings mixed in.,
I think it will need to involve signing international prospects
O’s wait until the last minute, strike a killer deal for Machado, and fail to submit required paperwork on time. You heard it here first.
The damn fax machine broke
Are the twins still sellers after winning 9 of their last 11?
Of course the Evil Empire wants the guy the Redsox need with all their injurys. Personally I think the EE should trade for Machado since that’s where he’ll end up in FA. So any team that trades for him USC either STUPID, or have a contract extension!
Huh is right! Dude you ok?
You think The Red Sox will sign Machado in the off-season? Ok then…
I like the Britton to Yankees idea. Get rid of Shreve please