This week in baseball blogs…
- The 3rd Man In predicts landing spots for five top free agents.
- StatsSwipe projects the average annual value of five free-agent starting pitchers.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) ranks the game’s 30 best free agents, opines that the Yankees don’t need Manny Machado, and runs down the Phillies’ need areas.
- Off The Bench (links: 1, 2) picks one free agent for each contender.
- PhilliesNation is skeptical of Bryce Harper signing a deal in excess of 10 years
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed offers thoughts on Harper and his fellow qualifying offer recipients.
- Pinstriped Prospects (links: 1, 2) weighs the pros and cons of a Yankees-Harper and Yankees-Machado union.
- Rising Apple doesn’t want the Mets to sign Craig Kimbrel.
- Know Hitter is leery of the Mariners’ decision to trade Mike Zunino.
- M-SABR shares a study on the usage and effectiveness of the changeup from 2015-18.
- The K Zone hands out MLB awards for 2018.
- Chin Music Baseball highlights the best player at each position in 2018.
- The Giants Cove applauds San Francisco for hiring Farhan Zaidi as its president of baseball operations.
- Reviewing The Brew tries to construct a perfect offseason plan for the Brewers.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) asks how aggressively the Yankees should pursue a trade for Corey Kluber, reacts to Joe Mauer’s retirement, and responds to the news that Collin McHugh could return to the Astros’ rotation.
- Tomahawk Take lists five players the Braves should consider pursuing on the trade market.
- East Village Times sees free agent Josh Harrison as a sensible target for the Padres.
- Mets Daddy argues that Peter Alonso should start next season in the minors.
- Angels Avenue analyzes a few Halos relievers who had unexpectedly great seasons and could help the team in 2019.
- Rox Pile focuses on five Jeff Bridich quotes from a recent conference call.
The Point of Pittsburgh looks at the recently released Steamer projections and how the Pirates can get into the playoffs.
- Motor City Bengals examines five notable, Tigers-related stats from the Steamer projections.
- Mets Critic wonders if the club will truly be a big spender this offseason.
- Foul Territory (podcast) discusses hot stove season.
- Everything Bluebirds believes the Blue Jays can learn from their ill-fated Jaime Garcia signing.
- A’s Farm runs downs the organization’s minor league coaching staff for 2019.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com