This week in baseball blogs…
- Chin Music Baseball highlights seven early season surprises.
- Adkins On Sports details the now-injured Mike Clevinger’s importance to the Indians.
- East Village Times talks with Padres pitching prospect MacKenzie Gore.
- Jays From the Couch runs down Toronto’s options with Marcus Stroman.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed looks back at the deals the top free agents signed this past offseason.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) breaks down what needs to go right for each NL West team, and compares the Phillies and Braves.
- Reviewing The Brew takes a look at the early impact of new Brewer Yasmani Grandal.
- Rox Pile weighs in on the Rockies’ poor start.
- The Point of Pittsburgh delves into Nick Burdi’s early season success.
- Bronx to Bushville asks if the Brewers are expecting too much, too soon from Freddy Peralta.
- KC Kindgom names seven options for the Royals in the first round of the upcoming draft.
- Notes from the Sally (links: 1, 2) scouts young Yankees pitchers Roansy Contreras and Luis Medina.
- Baseball Prospect Journal shares a profile of draft prospect Tyler Callihan, while The Runner Sports does the same with JJ Goss.
- Mets Daddy examines the team’s decision to put Pete Alonso on its season-opening roster.
- Joker Mag profiles Willians Astudillo.
- PhilliesNation wonders which current Phillies will still be on the roster when Philly hosts the All-Star Game in 2026.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses topics including early season strikeout/walk trends, Jason Heyward and the Dodgers.
- Everything Bluebirds is impressed with rookie Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com