We’re looking to add two people to the MLBTR writing team, in a part-time position that pays hourly. The criteria:
- Availability to work one of the following shifts every week is required: 5pm-1am central time on Saturday nights, or 6am-noon central time on Sundays.
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration, draft pick compensation for free agents and international/draft spending limitations.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and WordPress.
- The job may include opportunities for supporting research and social media tasks.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. We often receive several hundred applications, so unfortunately we will not be able to reply to each one.
At the end of your application, please fill in the blank: After the ____ season ends, assuming no changes to the CBA or a contract extension, the Pirates’ Josh Bell will become a free agent. Rather than give an explanation, simply write, “Josh Bell question: [Year]” at the end.