More rumors, news, and analysis is always a good thing. Today I’m looking for someone to represent the Oakland Athletics.
What am I looking for in this person?
- Solid writing skills and a style that fits with MLBTradeRumors. Basically, I’ll know it when I see it. I’m looking for the same type of analysis you see here every day.
- Someone who can post up-to-the-minute A’s rumors as they surface. I want a person who follows the team religiously and will have every source (traditional newspapers, high quality blogs, radio) covered. It would make sense to have all the pertinent websites on an RSS reader. You should be near a computer most times and able to hop on and write a post if something happens. You’ll also have the freedom to track down and link to interesting articles and posts from around the Internet.
- While this person is an A’s fan, objective analysis is preferred. Additionally it would be nice to provide the local vibe/sentiment that people might otherwise not know about. That might sound contradictory but I don’t think it is. I should add that we do a little more than just report the news here at MLBTR – you’ll need to provide a little insight along with the rumors.
- The benefit to you: a decent-sized audience and a chance to do a little sportswriting. It could be a nice resume-builder and I would be happy to serve as a reference for you. And I will give you some insight on how I do what I do, for what that’s worth.
- Build your audience: within reason, you can link to your own blog or website and gain some new readers.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if this interests you and explain why you’re the best candidate. I’ll choose one person and unfortunately won’t be able to reply to all. A sample post of a rumor/signing (whether fake or true) might help make your case. Note: long-winded posts are not my style! Brevity is a plus – I like 3-4 paragraph posts.
NOTE: Please don’t contact me about doing this for other teams. I just want an A’s person at the moment.