MLBTR is looking to add a Saturday evening writer to the staff. The position is paid on an hourly basis. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Availability for the next six Saturday evenings, 5pm-midnight CST. The specific dates are Jan. 24, Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, and Feb. 28. If that goes well you can remain in the mix for random shifts, if you’d like.
- Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias toward your favorite.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing the news up in a few paragraphs. I want the best of both worlds, as you have to be able to do this very quickly after the source article is published. It’s preferred that you add value to the article with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Attention to detail – absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone. Also it is important to avoid duplicating content previously covered on the site.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. This is crucial.
- Blogging experience is preferred. We use TypePad, which is easy to use if you have blogged before.
- You have to be able to put up with me, responding to constructive criticism and digesting the MLBTR instruction document quickly.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain your qualifications. Please don’t send anything to my other email address. Usually we receive a few hundred inquiries, so unfortunately I cannot reply to all or even most. Thanks.