Links for Monday…
- Cole Hamels is flying to Philadelphia to have his sore left elbow examined. Hamels threw 3,914 pitches in total last year, the most in baseball (two more than C.C. Sabathia). Hamels thinks he’s fine and it’s not a big deal.
- Julian Tavarez on why he chose the Nationals.
- MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro says the Marlins returned Rule 5 lefty Zach Kroenke to the Yankees.
- Maury Brown of The Biz of Baseball looks at postseason ticket revenue over the last decade.
- Dan Brown of the San Jose Mercury News talked to John Dewan about the Giants’ defense.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes about the fraternity in the Yankees’ revamped rotation.
- Athletics Nation talked to Jason Giambi, who was very close to re-signing with the A’s before he signed with the Yankees.
- Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker asks if Yankees starter Kei Igawa, owed $12MM over the next three years, is movable.