Your Saturday afternoon links, with more to come…
- JorgeSaysNo! reiterates that the Brewers are a "perfect fit" for Jake Peavy, and Craig Calcaterra of NBCSports.com's "Circling The Bases" believes Milwaukee will need to move quickly in order to land him.
- As Mark Sheldon of MLB.com points out, Jonny Gomes is set to make his debut with the Reds this evening. He showed good faith in the club when he accepted an assignment to Triple-A at the end of spring training, and that faith has now been rewarded.
- Ricky Nolasco was demoted to Triple-A New Orleans this morning after beginning the season with a 9.07 ERA, 1.81 WHIP and 2-5 record. R.J. Anderson of FanGraphs examines what the 26-year-old has been doing wrong.
- David Price finally got the call. He'll start Monday against the Indians and R.J. Anderson of DRaysBay highlights a few things to monitor.
- Athletics Nation asks the question: "Where will the A's find greatness?"
- As Tim noted earlier this week, there are now several ways to keep up with the action here on MLBTR. You can join the Facebook fan page, follow us on Twitter, sign up for the RSS feed, and even get updates on your mobile phone.