We'll be watching closely for the next six weeks as baseball's General Managers make trades. There are lots of skilled deal-makers out there, but which one would you choose if you had to replace your favorite team's GM with one from another club? Here are just a few of baseball's more accomplished GMs:
- Pat Gillick – He's not a GM anymore, but he built winners in Toronto, Baltimore, Seattle and Philadelphia.
- Theo Epstein – His Red Sox have won two of the last five World Series.
- Billy Beane – Perhaps the best-known GM, Beane has built winners on a budget.
- Walt Jocketty – Two-time executive of the year, Jocketty led the '06 Cards to a championship.
- Ken Williams – His team won the 2005 World Series.
- Brian Cashman – He contributed to four of the Yankees' World Series Championships and was GM for three of them
Lots of good choices- who would you want?