Lots of interesting rumblings from around the league–could be an exciting evening here at ol' MLBTR. Here are some intriguing links to feed the insatiable frenzy:
- After Mark Reynolds criticized his D'Backs teammates a few weeks ago, Jon Garland took it a step further Wednesday, saying he "doesn't see any fight" in his teammates. As Bob Romantic at the East Valley Tribune notes, this could accelerate trade rumors already surrounding Garland.
- The Dallas Morning News asks Rangers fans who they'd deal for Cliff Lee.
- Buster Olney at ESPN gives a video-blog rundown of what the Red Sox have done in the trade market and what they plan to undertake.
- Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse says that a number of scouts reported to the Dodgers' Double-A affiliate, including two from the Braves.
- Geoff Baker at the Seattle Times talked with trade target Jarrod Washburn, who expresses interest in signing a contract extension with the Mariners.
- Henry Schulman at the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Nationals are scouting the Giants' Double-A affiliate, and speculates that Adam Dunn, Joe Beimel, Ron Villone or Nick Johnson might be on the Giants' radar.
- Chris Haft at MLB.com answers fans' questions about the Giants' stance at the upcoming deadline.
- Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com wonders if improved play would make Ryan Garko the next to leave the Indians, as Matt LaPorta waits in the wings.