A few more links to peruse this evening:
- Hal McCoy at the Dayton Daily News says that the Reds won't deal Bronson Arroyo or Aaron Harang, but it's likely that the Reds unload Francisco Cordero to anyone who will take him. It's not clear if Cordero has been placed on waivers just yet.
- Larry LaRue at the Tacoma News-Tribune reports that Mariners' top signee last year, Scott Boras client Josh Fields, has had his development stunted because of a contract holdout.
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman doesn't have interest in bringing in FA Mark Mulder, says Peter Abraham at the Journal News.
- The Rangers have signed their fifth-round pick Nicholas McBride, a HS righty, reports T.R. Sullivan at MLB.com.
- According to Dan Barbarisi at the Providence Journal, John Smoltz refused a bullpen assignment to the Sox. This could mean he's only interested in joining another team as a starter, if at all.