One year ago today, the Reds signed Orlando Cabrera. After posting a .657 OPS in 537 plate appearances for the NL Central winners, Cabrera is still a free agent. Here are some links for Tuesday as we wait for Cabrera and the other remaining free agents to sign…
- Rays executive VP Andrew Friedman says he's still looking for an established reliever, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times (on Twitter). Friedman suggested last month that the team is more likely to acquire a reliever via trade than free agency.
- ESPN.com's Keith Law names the 20 prospects who are likely to produce the most in the majors this year and Freddie Freeman of the Braves tops the list. Click here for more on how Freeman's presence may have impacted the Braves' approach to free agency.
- Freeman is an exciting young player, but not every minor leaguer can be a prospect. Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues explains the importance of organizational players at River Ave. Blues.
- Patrick Newman of FanGraphs provides a list of the ex-MLB players who headed to Japan this offseason.
- As Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe explains, Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford is waking up early and working out hard as he prepares for his first season in Boston.