The Indians acquired many of their current players through trades, as I explained yesterday. In total, 14 of the 29 players to appear in a game for the Indians this year were acquired via trade. Here’s a look at the specific deals that led to the current edition of the team, one that’s 20-8 so far this year:
- Grady Sizemore – acqured in the Bartolo Colon trade with the Expos
- Travis Hafner – acquired in the Einar Diaz/Ryan Drese trade with the Rangers.
- Asdrubal Cabrera – acquired from the Mariners for Eduardo Perez
- Shin-Soo Choo – acquired in the Ben Broussard trade with the Mariners
- Carlos Santana – acquired in the Casey Blake trade with the Dodgers
- Matt LaPorta and Michael Brantley – acquired in the C.C. Sabathia trade with the Brewers
- Joe Smith – acquired in a three-team deal with the Mets and Mariners.
- Chris Perez and Jess Todd – acquired from the Cardinals for Mark DeRosa
- Justin Masterson – acquired in the Victor Martinez trade with the Red Sox
- Carlos Carrasco and Lou Marson – acquired in the Cliff Lee trade with the Phillies
- Mitch Talbot – acquired from the Rays for Kelly Shoppach