Thursday night Quick Hits..
- Brandon Inge will pick up ten and five rights next Wednesday, according to John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press. That means the Tigers will need permission to trade Inge, who would like to spend the rest of his career in Detroit.
- Troy Renck of The Denver Post (via Twitter) could see the Rockies pursuing free agent catcher Bengie Molina. However, Renck tweets that the veteran would like to be in the majors right away and move through the minors quickly, which could be a hurdle.
- The Cubs have been looking hard for someone like Rodrigo Lopez, GM Jim Hendry told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune. Earlier today, Hendry acquired Lopez in exchange for left-hander Ryan Buchter.
- The Erik Bedard deal looks a whole lot better for the Mariners now that the left-hander is back to his winning ways as of late, opines Greg Johns of MLB.com.
- Landing pitcher Alfredo Aceves appears to have paid off big time for the Red Sox through the first two months of the season, writes Tim Britton of the The Providence Journal.