Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, MLB.com's Jane Lee, and Joe Stiglich of the Bay Area News Group bring us some Athletics-related tidbits out of Dallas…
- The Royals have some interest in Gio Gonzalez, and one scout views them as a good match for the A's, given Kansas City's deep farm system.
- GM Billy Beane has no reservations about trading with other teams in the AL West.
- Beane says he's had trade talks in some form with about half the teams in the league so far at the meetings.
- Hideki Matsui likely won't be back in Oakland, since the team has other in-house options and would like to "stay young."
- The A's will also be looking to stay young in trades, as they'd be targeting players younger than those they'd be dealing.
- Beane says the A's may explore short-term free agent signings to fill the club's outfield if he can't work out any trades.
- There's still no word on an official date for a decision on the team's stadium situation, but Beane remains optimistic that he'll hear soon.
- The A's discussed a deal with Laynce Nix before he signed with the Phillies.