In case you missed it the first time around, here's a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR:
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun won his appeal of a 50-game suspension for testing positive for a PED last October.
- The Nationals and Ryan Zimmerman inched toward a contract extension that eventually came to fruition today.
- Free agent starter Roy Oswalt said he'll sign with a contender after the season begins.
- Reds closer Ryan Madson said he'll retain Scott Boras as his agent despite having to settle for a below-market-value contract this offseason.
- The Yankees rounded out their roster, signing DH Raul Ibanez and agreeing to terms with infielder Eric Chavez on one-year contracts.
- The Pirates acquired right-hander A.J. Burnett from the Yankees in exchange for prospects Exicardo Cayones and Diego Moreno.
- The Phillies signed right-hander Kyle Kendrick to a two-year extension, a deal that doesn't carry into his free agent years.
- The Angels signed reliever Jason Isringhausen to a minor league contract.
- The Cardinals and catcher Yadier Molina progressed enough in extension talks that one could transpire within the week.
- The Padres continued extension talks with center fielder Cameron Maybin.
- Phillies lefty Cole Hamels, a free agent after 2012, indicated he has no deadline for a potential contract extension.
- The Yankees signed reliever David Aardsma, coming off 2011 Tommy John surgery, to an incentive-laden Major League deal.
- Twins first baseman Justin Morneau acknowledged that concussion symptoms could threaten his career.
- Braves lefty Mike Minor said he'd like to be traded if he's not in the rotation this season, though he later couched those remarks.
- The Yankees and catcher Russell Martin tabled extension talks.
- Brewers righty Francisco Rodriguez mulled taking legal action against his former representatives.
- The Rockies and manager Jim Tracy agreed to an indefinite contract extension.
- The Athletics signed outfielder/DH Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract.
- Mike Cameron called it a career.
- The Dodgers claimed outfielder Matt Angle off of waivers from the Orioles.
- A couple of outstanding compensation cases were (somewhat) settled: The Red Sox acquired reliever Chris Carpenter and a player to be from the Cubs in exchange for Theo Epstein, while the Padres will receive a player to be named (among 12 prospects) from the Cubs for Jed Hoyer.
- After signing a minor league contract with the Indians this offseason, Jon Garland didn't join the club after declining a physical.
- Free agent infielder Edgar Renteria indicated he's leaning toward retirement.
- The Brewers signed Jay Gibbons to a minor league contract.
- The Indians signed infielder Cristian Guzman to a minor league deal.
- The Blue Jays signed Rick VandenHurk to a non-guaranteed split contract.
- The Rangers acquired Kelvin De La Cruz from the Indians.
Unusually big week for the pinstripes.