On this date in 2005, five Marlins pitchers combined to retire the final 28 Brewers they faced in a 12-inning win over Milwaukee. The combined "hidden" perfect game featured 22 total strikeouts (45 batters faced) by Florida, including a career-high 14 by A.J. Burnett. Here are this week's links from the baseball corner of the blogosphere…
- MLB Reports interviewed former All-Star Dmitri Young.
- Brotherly Glove says trading Cole Hamels makes sense for the Phillies.
- Over The Monster doesn't think the Red Sox should trade for Hamels.
- Amazin' Avenue wrote about a potential Francisco Rodriguez-Mets reunion.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness provides a trade deadline primer for Dodgers fans.
- Bleacher Nation broke down the Cubs and their trade fodder.
- Yanks Go Yard wrote about the Yankees and Matt Garza.
- Through the Fence Baseball says the Rangers should trade Derek Holland.
- Rays Colored Glasses looked at Nick Hundley as a trade target for the Rays.
- Tomahawk Take listed some bench trade targets for the Braves.
- Pirates Prospects isn't sure that the Pirates need to make a trade.
- Cleveland Indians Perspective says the Indians should stand pat.
- AL Eastbound & Down says the Blue Jays need to add pitching no matter what.
- Lasorda's Lair wrote about the Dodgers' failed attempt to acquire Carlos Lee.
- 85% Sports broke down the worst contract in baseball.
- The Hardball Times analyzed this year's Home Run Derby participants.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.