The latest managerial news..
- Last night it was reported that Walt Weiss and Matt Williams are the two remaining candidates for the Rockies' managerial job with bench coach Tom Runnells and slugger Jason Giambi out of the running. However, Rockies General Manager Bill Geivett says that Giambi is still in play, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).
- Geivett also said that there won't be a decision tonight but he expects one to come soon, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- The Orioles intend to negotiate a contract extension with Buck Showalter, sources tell Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Owner Peter Angelos has told people connected to the team that he will look to extend Showalter's deal beyond 2013.
- The Blue Jays are after a manager with experience and they have reached out Mike Hargrove, but talks do not appear to have progressed, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- Toronto is confident that they'll find a strong candidate with previous experience, meaning that Sandy Alomar Jr. and Tim Wallach won't be in the picture unless they have a serious reversal, Rosenthal tweets (Twitter links).
Sal fasano Please AA!!
sal fasano please alex Anthopolous
Bad news for Jays fans, I guess. I couldn’t tell you how many times on this site I’ve seen Jays fans promoting some internal coach. Oh well.
I’m calling it , John Gibbons, or Tony Pena.
Yeah tony pena!
I like Fasano, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Art Howe get it, as I’ve always liked him (even during his disastrous tenure here in NY with the Mets). I don’t think they’ve had any discussions with him, but I believe I read (idk if it was here or another site) that he’d like to manage them, and that he has some connections within the organization.
Well I can think of one candidate with lots of experience and a couple rings. Lets bring back Cito.
torre torre torre
as far as the jays go, there’s a couple guys i definitely dont want managing the team (tracy, guillen, valentine, etc.), but other than that i dont feel strongly about anyone. at the end of the day it probably doesnt mean a whole lot.