On this date in 2007, the Diamondbacks finalized two trades that brought Dan Haren, Connor Robertson, Chad Qualls, Chris Burke, and Juan Gutierrez to Arizona. Brett Anderson, Dana Eveland, Greg Smith, Chris Carter, Aaron Cunningham, and Carlos Gonzalez went to the Athletics for Haren and Robertson while Jose Valverde went to the Astros for Qualls, Burke, and Gutierrez. We've seen a number of big multiplayer trades in recent weeks, so here's a massive round up the latest from the baseball corner of the web…
- True Grich says things have changed for the Angels since the days of being spurned by free agents.
- Baseball Time in Arlington called Hamilton's defection a long-term gain and short-term loss for the Rangers.
- Beyond the Box Score looked at how much Hamilton will actually help the Angels.
- Call to the Pen says Rangers GM Jon Daniels has no one to blame for the team's offseason but himself.
The Royals-Rays Blockbuster (MLBTR link)
- Royals Review wondered how close the Royals are to contention following the trade.
- KC Kingdom says the trade could wind up as a black mark for Royals GM Dayton Moore.
- I-70 Baseball praised the James Shields and Wade Davis pick-ups for the Royals.
- Kings of Kauffman thinks the trade helps the 2014 Royals more than the 2013 team.
- Rays Colored Glasses calls the deal a significant short-term risk for the Rays.
- DRays Bay looked at the Rays' pitching depth in the wake of the blockbuster.
- Pirates Prospects explains what the Pirates can learn from the trade.
The Reds-Indians-Diamondbacks Three-Way Trade (MLBTR link)
- Redleg Nation is happy the Reds acquired an elite leadoff hitter in Shin-Soo Choo.
- Let's Go Tribe and Indians Prospect Insider broke down the three-way deal from the Indians' perspective.
- Wahoo's on First called it a fantastic trade for the Indians.
- AZ Snake Pit looked at the players the Diamondbacks received in the trade.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness says Zack Greinke's opt-out clause is a good thing.
- True Blue LA spoke to Greinke about his pitching style.
- Lasorda's Lair introduced everyone to new Dodger Hyun-Jin Ryu.
- Dodgers Nation wonders what happens if it all goes wrong for the Dodgers.
The Best of the Rest
- Phoul Ballz spoke to Trevor May after he was traded for Ben Revere.
- Phillies Nation says the Phillies paid a steep price for Revere.
- Three for Ten listed some concerns about Michael Young joining the Phillies.
- Sports of Boston believes the Red Sox should steer clear of R.A. Dickey.
- Metrospectus analyzed how the 38-year-old Dickey may age.
- STL Cardinal Baseball looked at an Adam Wainwright extension in the wake of Greinke's deal.
- Yanks Go Yard says Kevin Youkilis deserves a clean slate with the Yankees.
- River Ave. Blues wrote about a potential contract extension for Phil Hughes.
- South Side Sox believes the White Sox should hold onto Dayan Viciedo.
- Chicken Friars says the Padres should call the Dodgers about Aaron Harang.
- Blogging Mets thinks the Mets might have a lower payroll in 2013 than 2012.
- Seattle Clubhouse wrote about some potential trade partners for the Mariners.
- NASORB says the Mariners should go after Edwin Jackson.
- Obstructed View explained how far away the Cubs are from contention.
- NPB Tracker looked back at some bari bari Major Leaguers to play in Japan.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.