We’re looking to add to the MLB Trade Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. Unlike some of our previous openings, this is specifically for the regular Saturday night shift, which runs from 5pm til 11pm or midnight central time every week. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 MLB teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts such as arbitration and free agent compensation.
- Availability to regularly work Saturday nights from 5pm til 11pm or midnight central time. This availability is required every week.
- Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
- Journalistic experience writing and reporting is also a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news concisely.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism. In general, a team player.
- Ability to use Twitter and an RSS feed reader. You must be able to multi-task.
- If you're interested, email [email protected] and explain how you stand out in a couple of short paragraphs. Hundreds may apply, so we will not be able to respond to most applications.