On this date in 2005 Braves center fielder Andruw Jones hit his 50th home run in the eighth inning of a 12-4 loss to the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. The Curacao native became the first major leaguer to reach the plateau since Alex Rodriguez hit 57 homers playing shortstop for the Rangers in 2002. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus goes deeper into Brett Cecil vs. Sean Rodriguez.
- Inside The Zona says the D’Backs could be a match for Yasmani Tomas.
- Beisbol’s talks Chris Davis and amphetamines.
- Camden Depot has a bone to pick with WAR.
- Beyond The Box Score held their own expansion draft.
- MLB Reports explains why the Marlins’ future is very bright.
- WFAA looks back at the Elvis Andrus for Justin Upton trade that almost was.
- NYY Fans looks at the pros and cons of re-signing Brandon McCarthy.
- Rays Colored Glasses says Evan Gattis would make sense for Tampa Bay.
- Orioles Nation is high on Chance Sisco.
- Ian Thomas Malone argues for the DH.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].