On this date in 2009, Mariano Rivera became the second pitcher to record 500 major league saves, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Rivera, who also hit his first career RBI on this date, joined Trevor Hoffman at the 500 save plateau. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot explained why Chris Tillman has struggled this year.
- The Point Of Pittsburgh ran down five players who the Pirates should hold on to.
- Minor League Ball scouted Twins prospect Nick Gordon.
- A’s Farm gave us their mid-season organizational All-Star team.
- The Beanball says the Mets should promote top prospect Michael Conforto.
- Rumbunter says the Pirates offense needs to walk more.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if the Giants are in play for Johnny Cueto.
- The First Out At Third says it’s time to trade Carlos Gomez and Jonathan Lucroy.
- Clutchlings laid out expectations for Matt Boyd.
- Yankees Unscripted has tempered expectations for Ivan Nova.
- Some Fair Weather looked at the Reds.
- Blue Jays Plus went in depth on Matt Boyd.
- Baseball Essential predicted the value of Bryce Harper’s next contract.
- Inside The Zona is not happy with the Diamondbacks’ recent trade.
- Reviewing The Brew wonders if Milwaukee should consider selling a prospect.
- Royals Blue discussed Billy Butler’s struggles.
- Sodo Mojo looked at Robinson Cano’s rough 2015 season.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.