On this date five years ago, Yankees owner George Steinbrenner was honored with a 7-by-5-foot, 760-pound bronze monument of bronze in Monument Park, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. The unveiling of the monument was attended by estranged former manager Joe Torre, who made his first visit to the new Yankee Stadium. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus examined Marco Estrada.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looked at Pirates’ pitching prospects.
- Blue Jay Hunter wonders if the Blue Jays have a legit chance of keeping David Price.
- Ian Thomas Malone ran down his expectations for Red Sox this offseason.
- Reviewing The Brew says Orlando Arcia shouldn’t start 2016 with Milwaukee.
- World Series Dreaming says the Cubs’ infield will be a long-term strength.
- When Sid Slid made the case for Yoenis Cespedes.
- Baseball Hot Corner looked at the Blue Jays’ tough decision regarding Mark Buehrle.
- Outside Pitch says there’s nowhere to go but up for the Astros.
- Swingin A’s explained why Jesse Chavez should move to the bullpen:
- Nolan Writin’ believes that the Rangers have what it takes to win it all.
- A’s Farm presents its 2015 organizational All-Star team.
- Rumbunter can’t believe the difference that a year makes.
- True Grich has some thoughts on the Halos.
- Cover Those Bases checked in on Michael Dimock.
- Yankees Unscripted talks Gregory Bird in 2016.
- Baseball Essential wonders if the Orioles will sell high on Zach Britton.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.