On this date three years ago, the Red Sox fired manager Bobby Valentine, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Valentine, who lasted only ten months in Boston, led the team to a 69-93 mark, the club’s worst campaign since 1965.
Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- The Point of Pittsburgh looked at the rising power of the Cubs in the NL Central.
- Bless You Boys delved into the Tigers’ 2016 payroll changes.
- Blue Jays Plus took an in depth look at Toronto’s AL East dominance.
- Camden Depot wonders what the Orioles can do with J.J. Hardy.
- Reviewing The Brew marveled at Cody Ponce.
- Wayniac Nation evaluated Adrian Beltre’s Hall of Fame chances.
- Tomahawk Take discussed double plays.
- Torture Together examined the Giants’ potential free agent signees.
- Outfield Fly Rule explained the “Accursed Number.”
- Baseball Essential penned an open letter to Steve Bartman.
- Blue Jay Musings gave a tip of the cap to Mark Buehrle.
- Outside Pitch says the Indians and Twins are going in different directions.
- Baseball Hot Corner predicted the Blue Jays playoff roster.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.