Labor Day linkage…
- I did a Q&A with an Angels blog called The Halo Is Lit.
- Royals catcher Miguel Olivo patched things up with manager Trey Hillman. Olivo has a mutual option for ’09.
- David Eckstein is a borderline Type B player, but the D’Backs won’t get a pick unless they offer him arbitration and he declines and signs elsewhere. As of August 29th, Eckstein did not have Type B status anyway. By the way, the D’Backs designated Emiliano Fruto for assignment to make room for Eckstein.
- Needless to say, the Angels weren’t able to acquire a shortstop.
- Richard Justice thinks many Astros fans owe GM Ed Wade an apology.
- Patrick Newman has more info on Satoru Komiyama’s mysterious breaking pitch, the shake.