In my recent survey, one significant finding was that if I carefully select some additional contributors to MLBTradeRumors.com, most of you would like it (88.7%). Over 800 people responded to that question. More rumors, news, and analysis = good.
So, today I will start that process by asking for one person to serve as my Dodgers correspondent. I feel that an area that might be underrepresented on this site is the west coast. What am I looking for?
- A person with solid writing skills whose style fits with MLBTradeRumors. Basically, I’ll know it when I see it. I’m looking for the same type of analysis you see here every day.
- Someone who can post up-to-the-minute Dodgers rumors as they surface. I want a person who follows the Dodgers religiously and will have every source (traditional newspapers, high quality blogs, radio) covered. You should be near a computer most times and able to hop on and write a post if something happens.
- While this person is probably a Dodgers fan, objective analysis is preferred. Additionally it would be nice to provide the local vibe/sentiment that people might otherwise not know about. That might sound contradictory but I don’t think it is.
- The benefit to you: a decent-sized audience and a chance to do a little sportswriting.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if this interests you and explain why you’re the best candidate. I’ll choose one person and unfortunately won’t be able to reply to all. A sample post of a rumor/signing (whether fake or true) might help make your case. Note: long-winded posts are typically not my style! Brevity is a plus – I like 3-4 paragraph posts.
- I’m going to be careful finding the right person, and if I as well as the readers like the results, we will add some more correspondents for other teams down the road.
NOTE: Please don’t contact me about doing this for other teams. I just want a Dodgers person at the moment.