Two of my favorite local blogs have good hot stove posts for us today as part of Odds and Ends.
- Bleed Cubbie Blue has a Cubs source indicating the Cubs are serious about both Hiroki Kuroda and Kosuke Fukudome. They could be signed quickly and fill team needs. This info jives with the recent info from Bruce Miles of the Daily Herald. While Kuroda recently filed for free agency, he’s open to offers from MLB and Hiroshima.
- South Side Sox has their suggested offseason plan up for the White Sox. I like the idea of acquiring Pat Burrell and/or Rafael Furcal with Type A draft pick compensation in mind.
- Curt Schilling was in Philly to watch the Eagles last night.
- It seems possible that the Nationals could sign Corey Patterson for center field if they can’t get one of the big names.
- La Velle E. Neal III says the Twins and Red Sox have touched base about Coco Crisp. He adds that the Twins and Rays have been having conversations, perhaps in reference to Rocco Baldelli.
- Mike Lieberthal may be on the radar for the Blue Jays.
- Scott Rolen is said to be open to waiving his no-trade clause, but the three years and $36MM on his contract will be a problem.