A few notes on recent rumors involving C.C. Sabathia from the Blogosphere…
- At the time of the Johan Santana deal with the Mets, many thought the contract would raise the price for Sabathia. The Tribe Time Report wonders if the Santana deal, as well as the Barry Zito deal might actually have been a good thing for the Indians as other teams are more likely to balk at Sabathia’s demands.
- Tribal Pursuit feels many Indians fans will be unhappy with the package of players the team receives for Sabathia, if dealt.
- Waiting For Next Year does not believe the Indians have any leverage in their attempt to sign Sabathia to an extension before the trading deadline.
- Outs Per Swing does not see the Rays mortgaging their future for a rental player like Sabathia.
- Knuckle Curve sees four teams as the most likely destinations for Sabathia, including the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers.
- Bugs and Cranks has an image of what Sabathia might look like if traded to the Brewers.