East Windup Chronicle points us to a list of some of the more interesting Japanese players who will be free agents after this season. Most of these guys are around 32-33 years old. Here’s who we’ve got:
- Koji Uehara, SP/RP – NPB Tracker profiles him here.
- Tomohiro Nioka, SS – We wrote a little bit about Nioka in October of ’07.
- Kenshin Kawakami, SP – East Windup Chronicle profiled him for us last year.
- Hitoki Iwase, RP – That same post also covered Iwase.
- Masahiro Araki, 2B – Hit .263/.296/.302 in ’07 – not much with the bat.
- Hirokazu Ibata, SS – Hit .296/.368/.393 in ’07.
- Ryoji Aikawa, C – Hit .302/.369/.353 in ’07.
- Tatsuhiko Kinjoh, OF – Hit .284/.349/.427 in ’07.