Random links for Tuesday.
- Interesting news out of Philly…Brett Myers accepted a minor league assignment. The Phils seem likely to acquire a starter this month.
- That was quick – the Mets designated Andy Phillips for assignment.
- Shawn Chacon cleared waivers and was released without pay, but the players’ association plans to file a grievance. It’s a matter of a million bucks.
- The Phillies signed first-round pick Anthony Hewitt, a high school infielder. He’ll get about $1.4MM.
- The Cards officially inked top pick Brett Wallace, a college third baseman.
- Three scouts watched Reds reliever David Weathers last night. Just throwing it out there, the Marlins are looking for a righthanded reliever.
- NPB Tracker discusses Yu Darvish.
- The Reds offered Ken Griffey Jr. to the Mariners, and they declined.
- Tom Verducci’s article about Tim Lincecum and pitching biomechanics is a must-read.