A roundup of links for your afternoon reading:
- Tadahito Iguchi, recently released by the Padres, has returned to the Phillies.
- The Brewers have signed Mike Lamb, who had been DFA by the Twins.
- Richard Justice praises Ed Wade’s bullpen construction.
- El Lefty Malo discusses the Giants’ reported interest in Adrian Beltre. He doesn’t think a straight-up trade for Jonathan Sanchez makes sense for the Giants.
- Tons of arbitration eligible players for the Marlins this off-season. Will they start selling off parts? It seems likely. To sign everyone would bring their payroll over $30MM. Tough to sustain when you’re drawing just 600 fans in September.
- Tony LaRussa expects the Cardinals front office to work to improve the team this off-season. The have plenty of hefty contracts coming off the books.
- In a minor move, the Twins have sent righty Brian Bass to the Orioles for a PTBNL.