More Mark Teixeira info…
- Tony Massarotti chronicles the Red Sox-Yankees angle to the Teixeira negotiations from start to finish.
- Lisa Olson says the Yankees lured Tex with a montage backed by his beloved band Twisted Sister (and also $180 million).
- Teixeira says the botched negotiations with the Red Sox in ’98 had nothing to do with his decision.
- Jack Curry got some comments from Red Sox owner John Henry on the situation.
- Yankees president Randy Levine accused Brewers owner Mark Attanasio of "sour grapes."
- Ken Davidoff banters with Hal Steinbrenner about the Yankees’ approach.
- Gordon Edes says the Red Sox put together an offer with vesting options that would’ve reached ten years and $212MM; Scott Boras made a similar pitch to the Angels. Boras wanted either nine years or $23MM per from the Sox; he told them the Nationals did commit to a ninth year. That was when John Henry emailed the media. As for the Angels, Arte Moreno believes no player is worth more than $160MM.
- Joel Sherman says the Angels were Teixeira’s first choice.