Links for Thursday…
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post did a little research on pitchers drafted within the first ten picks. Meanwhile, Boswell's colleague Chico Harlan spotted Nationals' acting GM Mike Rizzo chatting with Scott Boras.
- The latest from Baseball America: Tanner Scheppers' stock is rising, Grant Green's is falling.
- Yahoo's Jeff Passan writes about Raul Ibanez. In the article, it's revealed that Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. doesn't buy into defensive stats outside of fielding percentage.
- ESPN's Tim Kurkjian looks at the early returns on free agent signings.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer learned that Mark Shapiro is initiating the calls to other GMs.
- Will Sommer of Mets Fans Forever chatted with ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.